Maxxis Lifetime Guarantee
Our full range of Maxxis Tyres come with the Maxxis 100% Lifetime Guarantee, guaranteeing your tyres against manufacturing defects and damage caused by normal road use for the life of your tyre.
If you have recently purchased any Maxxis tyres, you can register for their Lifetime Guarantee here or print off the Lifetime Guarantee form below.
Peace of Mind from Maxxis at no extra cost
Maxxis are so confident in the quality, reliability and durability of Maxxis products that they have no hesitation in offering a replacement guarantee if their tyres are found wanting in terms of manufacture or materials. This confidence is based on the knowledge that Maxxis tyres undergo such a rigorous development process before being brought to market. This cornerstone of Maxxis corporate strategy has been pivotal in its success and continues to raise the bar for standards in the whole industry. Read the full details of the guarantee.
The Maxxis Guarantee
- Maxxis will replace a tyre which demonstrates a defect due to the manufacturing process or materials used.
- Maxxis will replace a tyre which shows irreparable damage resulting from normal road use.
This guarantee operates independently of the purchase date and is non transferable from the party named on the guarantee certificate. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. Replacement is based on dealer assessment where a replacement value is calculated based on the amount of tread used (see below).
- A tyre with 80% or more tread remaining will be replaced with a new Maxxis tyre of the same size and type (or corresponding type if range has changed).
- Tyres with less than 80% of the tread remaining will be replaced subject to a charge based on the following scale.
Customer Guarantee Discount Scale
|Tread Depth Remaining||Dealer Discount to Customer|
More than 80%
|Free Replacement Tyre|
More than 60% Less than 80%
|80% Discount to customer|
|More than 40% Less than 60%||60% Discount to customer|
|More than 20% Less than 40%||40% Discount to customer|
|Less than 20%||No Discount to customer|
How to Claim
To make a claim under the terms of your Maxxis guarantee please bring in your tyre/s to any one of our Challenger Tyres branches or take your tyre/s to your local Maxxis dealer. (The use of the Guarantee in respect of tyre/s invalidates any further claims).
- Damage sustained through competition use
- Unsuitable use where the technical characteristics of the tyre are incompatible with use e.g. irregular and/or premature wear caused by non-asphalt road surfaces or roads in poor state of repair
- Repairable damage to the tread area
- Acts of vandalism or theft
- Damage due to the poor fitting or removal of a wheel and/or tyre
- Acts of God, fire, accident damage or ensuing problems
- Problems resulting from not following prescribed tyre inflation pressures
- The use of defective and/or unsuitable wheels
- Loads exceeding prescribed limits as set by the vehicle manufacturer
- Towing trailers of a weight and/or size in excess of vehicle specifications
- Damage due to improper use and/or prolonged use of snow chains
- Load indices, speed ratings and tyre sizes not corresponding to the vehicle’s registration documents
- Deterioration caused by prolonged contact with acids, solvents, hydrocarbons or mineral oils
- Wear caused as a result of mechanical defect in the vehicle
Please complete the guarantee form below, detach, add postage and return to activate your guarantee. Alternatively register online at Maxxis.co.uk.
Maxxis recommends the following key areas are checked to ensure that your tyres continue to perform with the safety, grip and reliability you demand. The following should be checked on a regular basis:
- All car tyre tread depths including the spare, must be within the legal minimum limit of 1.6mm of tread in a continuous band throughout the central 3/4 of the tread width and over the whole circumference of the tyre. Most safety advisers however recommend tyres be changed at 3.0mm.
- Grip diminishes progressively with wear and as a consequence stopping distances, especially in the wet, become greater.
Check your tyre pressure, from cold, regularly. Over or under inflation can both cause problems.
Not enough tyre pressure can lead to
- A reduction in grip
- Structural damage due to excessive overheating
- Increased fuel consumption
- Irregular and premature wear of the shoulder areas of the tyre leading to early replacement
Too much tyre pressure can lead to
- Excessive wear on the centre of the tread and hence early replacement
- A greater chance of a tyre blow-out
- A less comfortable driving experience
- Greater vulnerability to obstacles in the road
Tracking and Wheel Alignment
Tracking and wheel alignment should be checked at regular intervals. Poor alignment and tracking causes irregular and rapid tyre wear resulting in the need to replace tyres more frequently. Visit your tyre retailer regularly! Challenger offer free tyre checks at all of our branches.
Inspect your tyres for visual damage
If cuts or bulges in the sidewall are visible, take the tyre to your tyre retailer immediately. Uneven wear can identify issues with tracking, wheel alignment and axle geometry. Regularly examine wheels for deformation and damage which could in turn damage the tyre. If a tyre suffers a violent impact, have it checked over at free of charge at your local Challenger Tyres garage as soon as possible, even if there is no visible damage.
MAXXIS 100% QUALITY • MAXXIS 100% TRUST • MAXXIS 100% SERVICE